Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

It's SCARILY AMAZING how time flies.

Started off the last day of 2010 with the old Central North kids! Ruth, Yenli, Jess and myself decided to meet at our base aka Bishan Junction 8 and chit chat sing song together. It's been really long, though the last time we've all actually met was at Ruth's wedding, we didn't get to talk much and prior to that we were all really caught up with our own lives. But I suppose there was a lot that I learnt through that little time we spent together.

It was really nice to meet Ruth first, cos we're always on time.. unlike the two other princesses. Anyways, because Ruth and I are so similar in the area of cherishing ties and relations, I was able to get a lot out of her. Could really sense that no matter whatever she did, she really placed God first. And when the other two came, they three shared about growing old and thinking a few close friends is enough because to them, there's simply no time to have so many friends.. and I suppose it's true. I guess, come a point in my life I'd have to give up some things for my career. I probably don't see it now, but I guess there was a strong message to really treasure God before men.

Apart from that, we talked about the old kids as well.. people like Fangwei, Xiangwei, Teresa, David Ong and all.. I guess it's true that as we serve people do leave us, but as we were talking, there was this one line that struck me quite hard. That was when Ruth said.. when we grow up, it's all dependent on our spiritual discipline which comes from young. Like for LG and service. I think it came to a point when I thought LG wasn't that important for my growth but it's rubbish haha. We were just sharing like when we grow up, there are more responsibilities.. much is given, much is expected right? I guess when we are young, the only possible problem we could face is like parental persecution. But as we grow up, things that are part of our lives can hinder us from God so bad as well. Timings and all are no longer fixed, but we've gotta find it for Him, to seek Him.

After that I headed to Somerset with Bernard, another of the old kids, and really, I don't know him well cos when CN finally got onto tracks, I was no longer around. But I guess we were able to share quite a lot, about paradigm shift when it comes to moving on, changing groups.. everything. I could really see that he was someone that loved God, even like you could see this man is facing problem - but you know the scariest thing about facing problem isn't the problem, it's about giving up and not facing up to reality, that is, the problem.

That close to 3 hours I spent with them was simply overwhelming.. I suppose my leaders will always be my leaders (: And we're thinking of a Central North gathering soon.. for the truckloads of people who miss it.. haha.

Later in the day I went for service and the unit peeps we went for countdown together. I suppose.. feeling belonged to a place is more than the people around you's responsibility, but also the very effort that you make to fellowship with them.

Anyway when we counted 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....and when I stepped home to think about it. Many things could be done in this year but one thing that MUST be done is - this year (and every year counting forward) is for God. You're my only purpose and if we lose our purpose for anything and everything, they become meaningless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home