Monday, March 14, 2011

Sendai

A few weeks back I blogged about the Christchurch earthquake and since Friday, I've been following on the Sendai earthquake which is much more devastating than the Christchurch one. I can't help but feel so sorry for Japan.

Actually the first thought that came to my mind when I heard saw the tweet about the Japanese earthquake was that ay, Japan has state-of-the-art kinda infrastructures and technology, so what's there to worry! I think many people would have the same way of thinking. And I was actually aware of the 7.2 magnitude foreshock two days before the main earthquake. But to my horror of horrors, there were actually two foreshocks of magnitude above 6, prior to the main earthquake, on the exact same day. Really sucks. My heart's with you Japan.

Especially hearing about the nuclear meltdowns, tsunamis and perhaps even volcanic eruptions. I think the only word to express this feeling is CONFUZZED! I learned that from watching Mary & Max. Simple but heartwarming show, more than awesome to me definitely. Anyways, I texted my buddy almost in the instance of knowing of the Japanese earthquake and I certainly hope she'll stay safe. I mean if she were in Japan I think I'll just cry and cry until my eyes pop like those of goldfish and I'd give all I've got to get air tickets for her to come over to Singapore.

That aside, the Muslim uprising in the Middle East isn't getting any better either. Oh God, is this what is written in the Revelations about end times? Messy and crazy? So easy to lose our faith cos we begin to wonder why aren't you intervening in the madness. Because so far, nothing has hit Singapore we can still say our faith is deeply rooted. But I guess in those troubled times, there's really nothing you can hold on to, except for God.

Stay strong Sendai!
Japan being my favourite country ever, please stay safe.. all the nuclear plants please listen to me and not melt. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home