Saturday, January 29, 2011

#19 Blessed To Be A Blessing

five years ago I was in yunnan china, the city of da-bo, white washing and drawing on this seemingly never ending block of wall. while I seriously questioned and wondered how would this block of wall even affect the lives of the kids, I could never forget about the times I taught them english. it was one of the most, if not the most memorable out of the classroom experience. I told myself I would come back one day.. hmm.. but I daren't share the dream cos it felt like uhm stupid? cos it wouldn't be anytime soon, considering I was only thirteen then. and it felt stupid sharing it, if in the end I don't ever go and I didn't want to make myself sound like some Samaritan either.
a year down the road I forgot all about it.. though china was kept in my context cos of huiying's crazy passion for china. but more often than not, I used the term to tease her haha! until during fireproof, when we watch 'i heart'. i got reminded of those kids - the ones who walk ten kilometers just to get to school. I applaud them for their teachable spirit; I want to be like them. and I got reminded of what I wanted to do; I still want to do it.

today during sermon, pastor jeff preached about missions. during altar call, all that was in my head was THE KIDS. I don't think I've any extra ordinary ability or capability to link with kids but I know what I aspire to do in the future must touch the lives of people. I really want to teach. and for a moment, I was like, how great it'd be if I could go to china to teach the kids and plant seeds in the heart of people for God. we'll just wait for the one fine sunny day haha but I'm serious about it. church planting sounds like a mega crazy massive chunk of I-don't-knows and I-can'ts, therefore, even if it's not in the name of missions I'm going one day, I'll still want to tell people about God. and even if it's in the name of missions I'm going one day, I'll still want to teach the kids~

i'm so excited about this. but first of all, I have to grow!
and yes I read my previous post about studying~ I need to try harder, again and again and again and again..!! what should I fear with You on my side? (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home