Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#15 EDU

The whole episode regarding the release of o level results/school expelling, sorta forcing withdrawal and all made me think a lot about our society.

I mean, the stress we face as students is probably minute as compared to those of the outside world. But if schools are this rigid and stressful already, can you tell me how are we gonna survive in the real world?

And once again, I question the purpose of education.. whether we are just supposed to get a certificate filled with distinctions out of it. I know that no matter how the syllabus changes, whatever they add.. like CCAs, moral ed, civics lessons.. nothing changes the fact that only grades matters in this realistic and probably say materialistic Singapore.

Then again, you know to measure character is tough. But I love the idea of education shaping and moulding character instead of education teaching to memorize information. I hate it when people let their life revolve around studies.. which is something clearly visible in JCs. I cannot stand it. Cos to me, education is a life long learning journey in my life, it's a part of my life but it is not my life. I don't want to let grades determine what I do, how I do.. to me, coming to school isn't so much about doing well.. topping the level or what so ever. But I believe in happiness being the motivation. To me, to be contented and happy about my grades is all I need. People say that it's because whatever happens to my grades, I somehow still have NIE to fall back upon. But then again I think otherwise, it's not about whether there is NIE or not.. it's about trying your best. And if you don't do well.. you try again and again and again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home